Universities outside Finland can apply for financial support for teaching Finnish language and culture when they
- offer teaching of Finnish language and culture, and
- they don’t currently have a visiting teacher of Finnish language and culture sent by EDUFI.
The support can primarily be used to cover salary and employer expenses of one teacher of Finnish language and culture, and in exceptional cases to contribute to salary and employer expenses of several teachers.
The teacher to whom support is applied for should have
- a relevant university degree
- a good level of proficiency in Finnish language
- a good knowledge of Finnish culture and society.
The support cannot be used to top up a salary to exceed what is a normal salary for a local teacher. Neither can it be used to cover general administrative expenses (overhead) or equipment or material.