Universities outside Finland can apply for financial support for teaching Finnish language and culture when they
- offer teaching of Finnish language and culture, and
- they don’t currently have a visiting teacher of Finnish language and culture sent by EDUFI.
The support can primarily be used to cover salary and employer expenses of a teacher of Finnish language and culture, and in exceptional cases to contribute to salary and employer expenses of several teachers.
The teacher to whom support is applied for should have
- a relevant university degree
- a good level of proficiency in Finnish language
- a good knowledge of Finnish culture and society.
The support cannot be used to top up a salary to exceed what is a normal salary for a local teacher. Neither can it be used to cover general administrative expenses or equipment or material.