- are intensive courses on Finnish language and culture
- compliment teaching in the host universities
- fit the content of the study programme of students and the local curriculum
- are normally held in Finnish (or exceptionally in another language when appropriate)
The aim of teaching visits is to promote networking between teachers and researchers in Finland and other countries.
Topics of teaching visits
The host university selects the topic of the teaching visit based on its own needs.
Previous teaching visits have included topics, such as Finnish language, Finnish literature, translation, cultural history, Sámi language and Sámi culture.
Duration of a teaching visit
The duration of a teaching visit is
- 5–10 days and includes
- 12–25 hours of lectures (the length of a lesson is 45 min).
The course offered can also include advance assignments, a final exam or a final assignment.