- Follow the link below to the YKI registration page.
- Choose a test that you want to register for.
- Click ”REGISTER”.
- Log in to the registration system using suomi.fi account or email.
- Fill in your details in the registration system. Check that all the information is correct.
- You will get an email with a payment link. The email will be sent from Opintopolku.
- Pay the test fee on time. You can find the last date of payment in the email with the payment link. You have to pay the test fee on time to be able to attend the YKi test.
We are working on the translation of this page.
Basic level examination costs 120 euros.
Intermediate level examination costs 140 euros.
Advanced level examination costs 180 euros.
The payment link will be sent to you via email after you have registered for YKI test online.
Participants with special needs
You may request special arrangements for completing the YKI test, if you have
- hearing impairments
- visual impairments
- other certified serious health reasons.
Special arrangements may consist of for example
- extra time for completing assignments
- exemption from using the optical form
- taking the test in a separate space
- taking the test on a computer
- using large font size.
Despite the special arrangements, the performance is assessed according to the criteria used for all language proficiency tests. The underlying principle for special arrangements is that the participant, despite their special needs, is guaranteed an opportunity to show their language skills that is as equal as possible in the test situation.
Participants who use sign language may be exempt from the speaking and listening comprehension subtests.
Requesting special arrangements for YKI test
If you request special arrangements, you must provide an official certificate of your special need. The certificate can be issued by a doctor, a special needs teacher or a psychologist. A doctor can certify an illness or impairment, but an informed psychologist or special needs teacher must issue the certificate of dyslexia.
It should be clear from the statement or certificate how your special need affects your ability to take the test. Note: medical records (epicrises) are not accepted. The certificates of expert statements cannot be older than 2 years.
If you need special arrangements to take the test, follow the instructions below:
- Register for the YKI test as usual on the YKI registration page online.
- Fill in the form below on special arrangements and email it to your local test organizer.
- Mail the official certificate of expert statement to University of Jyväskylä:
Soveltavan kielentutkimuksen keskus (SOLKI)
Sadia Akhtar (Sari Ahola)
40014 JYVÄSKYLÄN YLIOPISTO