The Framework for Qualifications and Other Competence Modules expands
The Finnish National Framework for Qualifications and Other Competence Modules expands on 15 February 2020.
The following new competence modules will be placed on the following
levels of the framework:
- Preparatory education for working life and independent living (TELMA) on level 2
- Preparatory studies for general upper secondary school (LUVA), Preparatory education for vocational training (VALMA) and an Advanced syllabus for basic education in the arts on level 3
- a Basic course for Border Guards and a Basic study module for non-commissioned officers on level 4
- a General level (1 and 2) study module for non-commissioned officers and a Master level study module for non-commissioned officers on level 5
- Professional specialisation programmes provided by universities and universities of applied sciences intended for holders of a Bachelor's degrees or a UAS Bachelor’s degree, and Specialised training and Pastoral qualification provided by the church, on level 6
- Professional specialisation programmes provided by universities and universities of applied sciences intended for holders of a Master’s degree or a UAS Master’s degree, Advanced pastoral qualification, Senior staff officer course, Further studies in war economy and technology and Specific qualification on prescribing medicines on level 7.
The Finnish National Framework for Qualifications describes the qualifications, syllabi and other extensive competence modules that belong to the Finnish national education system. The qualifications, syllabi and other extensive competence modules are classified into eight levels based on the required competences. The competences acquired at each level are defined in the Government Decree 120/2017. The level descriptors are in line with the level requirements of the European qualifications framework (EQF).
The expanding of the framework is based on the proposal made by a working group set up by the Ministry of Education and Culture and on the formal feedback on this proposal.
The Ministry of Education and Culture website (in Finnish/Swedish)
Competence and skills matter. Final report of the working group for framework expansion (with a summary in English)