The Finnish National Agency for Education complies with the legislation concerning data protection and processes personal data according to good data management and data processing practices.
What information do we collect and from what sources?
Personal data is primarily collected from the users themselves in connection with the subscription, provision of feedback or enrolment for training.
Data provided by the user:
- contact details such as name and e-mail address when subscribing to the newsletter and when completing the feedback form to Oph.fi
- information required for enrolling on training courses, such as name, telephone number and e-mail address
- other information collected with the user's permission
Data obtained when observing service usage:
- in word searches, the IP address of the device used for the search is recorded in the log. The log data will be stored for 21 days
- the usage and browsing data on the service features on Matomo analytics and the Facebook pixel when the user accepts the cookies
- other information collected with the user's permission
For what purpose is data collected?
Personal data may be processed by the Finnish National Agency for Education for the following purposes:
- responding to feedback from a customer
- sending a newsletter
- enrolling for training
- producing, maintaining, protecting and developing services
- The data collected by Matomo Analytics is used at the Finnish National Agency for Education to assess the usage of the website and to compile usage reports. Matomo Analytics does not collect personal data. IP addresses have been anonymised. The data collected by Matomo Analytics is not transferred outside the EU.
- The Facebook pixel links the visit to the website to a user on Facebook and gives us the opportunity to monitor the conversions from our advertising on Facebook, optimise our advertisements based on the information collected by Facebook, build audiences for our future advertising campaigns and target advertising to users who have visited our website. The Facebook pixel is activated when the user accepts the marketing cookies.
Do we disclose personal data?
The Finnish National Agency for Education does not normally disclose any personal data. However, your personal data may be disclosed in the following situations:
- Your consent
a. With your explicit consent, personal data can be disclosed, for example, to a third party for a service provided by it
a. As a rule, personal data is not shown to other users of services of the Finnish National Agency for Education. In some services, users may themselves share their information with other users, for example, by using an alias (commenting on a blog).
- Subcontractors and service providers
Subcontractors and service providers must not use the personal data disclosed to them for any other purposes than those described in this privacy statement and those determined by the Finnish National Agency for Education. The Finnish National Agency for Education obliges subcontractors and service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the data and to ensure that appropriate data security and data protection are implemented to protect personal data.
- International data transfers
a. The Finnish National Agency for Education makes efforts to always implement the services and to process personal data primarily within the EU and the EEA, using operators and services established in these areas. If this principle is exceptionally and on a case by case basis deviated from, thorough reports regarding the implementation of data protection and data security in the service concerned are required from the service.
- Use in research
a. We may disclose data for scientific or other studies, provided that the data concerned has first been changed into a form in which individual persons can no longer be identified.
- Disclosures due to mandatory legislation
a. Under the law, your personal data can be disclosed to other authorities for official use.
- Data transfer to third countries
How do we process personal data?
Our personnel may process personal data according to the data protection legislation in force at the time. We may also partly outsource the processing of personal data to a third party, in which case we will through contractual arrangements guarantee that personal data is processed in accordance with the Personal data act and appropriately.
What do we do to protect personal data?
The registers are maintained and protected through different technical and organisational measures. We ensure that our system is fault tolerant and that it is possible to recover data. These protection measures include access control, physical access control, technical solutions such as firewalls, and password protection. These measures enable access to the stored data only for named employees of the Finnish National Agency for Education and for service providers with a contractual relationship with the Agency.
We inform the police and the National Cyber Security Centre Finland of possible data security threats and data security violations directly through the services. We may also temporarily close services to protect personal data.
How long do we store your personal data?
What rights do you have?
You have a legal right to inspect what data we have collected about you. You also have the right to demand that incorrect, incomplete, unnecessary or outdated personal data be corrected or removed.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the controller mentioned below.
Who is the controller and who can you contact?
The Finnish National Agency for Education (Business identity code 2769790-1) acts as the controller and you can contact us in the following ways:
Finnish National Agency for Education / Communications
PO Box 380 (or Hakaniemenranta 6)
FI-00530 Helsinki, Finland
e-mail: webmaster(a)oph.fi or kirjaamo(a)oph.fi
telephone number (switchboard): +358 29 533 1000