Capacity Building projects are multilateral projects developing higher education between EU Member States and third countries associated to the Erasmus+ Programme and more than 150 third countries not associated to the Programme.
The projects and results of Capacity Building in Higher Education must benefit higher education institutions and higher education systems in partner countries.
Capacity Building projects support the relevance, quality, modernisation and resilience of higher education in issues such as the globalisation of the economy and increasing inequality. Capacity Building projects are aimed at improving the administration, management and innovations capacities of higher education institutions in partner countries, promote internationalisation and modernise education systems. At the same time, the projects also promote regional and interregional cooperation.
The action also promotes the general priorities of the European Commission, such as the Green Deal, digitalisation, sustainable growth, peace and security.
In Capacity Building projects, Finnish higher education institutions can through cooperation, their expertise and good practices contribute to the development of higher education in partner countries.
In Capacity Building projects, higher education institutions can participate in
- improving the quality of higher education in partner countries and its relevance for the needs of the labour market and society
- developing new and innovative education programmes to improve the competence, skills and employability potential of students
- promoting inclusive education, equality, equity, non-discrimination and promotion of civic competences
- improving the teaching and assessment mechanisms of staff and students of higher education institutions, quality assurance, management, administration, innovation, knowledge base, digital and entrepreneurial capacities, and the internationalisation of higher education institutions
- supporting authorities in renewing education policies
- improving teacher education and the continuous professional development of teachers
- promoting cooperation, capacity building and exchange of good practices between higher education institutions
- and promoting cooperation between different regions of the world.