Main activities within Forward-looking Projects could comprise for instance
- Action research, mapping work, producing large-scale sectoral or cross-sectoral outputs;
- Transnational capacity-building activities such as training, the analysis of policy contexts, policy-research, institutional adjustments;
- Pilot activities to test innovative solutions;
- Large-scale transnational events or networking activities;
- Think-tank activities, researching and experimenting with innovative ideas;
- Exploitation activities to spread results to the educational community or sector.
Within the Forward-looking Projects there are three different project lots.
Lot 1: Cross-sectoral priorities
Projects under Lot 1 can address different educational sectors or bridge educational sectors.
Proposals submitted under Lot 1 must address one of the two following priorities that are detailed under ‘Setting up a project’:
- Priority 1: Supporting high quality and inclusive digital education, in line with the Digital Education Action Plan;
- Priority 2: Supporting education and training systems to adapt for the green transition.
For Lot 1 - Cross-sectoral priorities, the duration of the project is 24 to 48 months. The duration has to be chosen at application stage, based on the objective of the project, on the type of activities planned over time, the budget and the ambitions set for the project. The maximum EU grant per project is EUR 800,000.
Lot 2: Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Projects under Lot 2 address the VET sector. Proposals submitted under Lot 2 must address one of the three following priorities that are detailed under ‘Setting up a project’:
- Priority 3: Supporting the Pact for Skills;
- Priority 4: Structures and mechanisms for Applied research in VET;
- Priority 5: Green skills in the VET sector.
The duration of the project is 24 months and the maximum EU grant per project is EUR 700,000.
Lot 3: Adult education
Projects under Lot 3 address the adult education sector. Proposals submitted under Lot 3 must address the priority 6 that is detailed under ‘Setting up a project’:
- Priority 6: Upskilling Pathways: New Opportunities for Adults
The duration of the project is 24 months and the maximum EU grant per project is EUR 1,000,000.
Read more about the priorities in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
Projects in each lot will start on 1 November 2022, 1 December 2022 or 1 January 2023.