You may apply on the course if
- you study Finnish language in a university outside Finland
- you have completed courses in Finnish language during the previous academic year, and
- you have studied Finnish for at least one academic year.
Course level and scope
The level of proficiency required on the course is A1 (European language level) and the scope is 10 ECTS credits. The course has about 85 hours of tuition. The language of tuition is Finnish.
During the course, you can use Finnish in ordinary language use situations and expand your vocabulary.
On the course you will
- practise speaking, reading and grammar
- complete a written and oral course assignment
- learn about Finnish culture and society through lectures and a social programme.
We expect you to participate actively during the course so that you can receive the course certificate. It is important to attend all lessons, do your homework and the course assignment.
4 July – 25 July 2023 (arrival 3 July and departure 26 July)
Location and organisers
Turku, EDUFI and Åbo Akademi
Number of participants
36, 3 levels