Participants learn about the values of the Youth Strategy at 3 different levels or at one level (individual, community or society).
- Reserve some paper (A4/A3) and pens for participants.
- To learn about the values of the Youth Strategy at 3 different levels or at one level (individual, community or society)
- To establish a personal relationship with the values.
- To work thematically using participatory methods.
Working and exercise
- Select one of the three exercises.
- Take the size of the group, their willingness for participatory activities and the needs of the group into account.
- Adapt exercises to fit into the time available for the game.
Exercises are different and support different ways of learning.
- Value circle: my personal relationship with the values (approx. 20 minutes)
- A SWOT analysis of the values: the relationship of my organisation to the values (approx. 15-20 minutes)
- Human value sculptures: a symbolic level about the significance of the values to individuals, the community or the society (approx. 5-15 minutes)
You can find links to the instructions of the exercises at the bottom of this page.
- The exercises of part 2 work together with the posters of part 1 as one whole. In this case, you will not need the game part 3. If you only do parts 1 and 2, you can give more time for the exercises.
- If you prefer to give more time for the game in part 3, you can do the exercises in part 2 very quickly, just giving a taster or a glimpse of the Youth Strategy.