You may apply on the course if
- you study Finnish language in a university outside Finland
- you have completed courses in Finnish language during the previous academic year
- you have studied Finnish for at least one academic year.
Course level and content
The level of proficiency required on the course is A1 (European language level). The course has about 85 hours of tuition. The language of tuition is Finnish.
During the course, you can use Finnish language in everyday situations and expand your vocabulary and knowledge of the Finnish language.
The course includes
- lectures on Finnish culture and society
- a written and an oral final assignment and
- freetime activities.
Active participation is expected during the course to receive the course certificate at the end. It is important to attend all lessons, do your homework and the final assignment.
7 – 28 July 2020 (arrival 6 July and departure 29 July)
Location and organiser
Turku, EDUFI and Åbo Akademi
Number of participants
36, 3 levels