Scholarships for post-graduates and researchers of Finnish language

The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) awards scholarships for post-graduate students and researchers who carry out research in Finnish language or culture or Finno-Ugric languages in universities outside Finland.

Traineeships in universities teaching Finnish outside Finland

The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) sends Finnish students on trainee placements abroad to universities teaching Finnish.

Finnish language and culture teaching visits

The Finnish National Agency for Eduction (EDUFI) sends out Finnish university teachers and researchers to teaching visits to universities that teach Finnish language and culture outside Finland.

Visiting teachers of Finnish language and culture through EDUFI

EDUFI sends visiting teachers of Finnish language and culture to foreign universities. The application period is usually from January to February.

Finnish survey reveals increase in school absenteeism

Approximately 2–3% of all lower secondary school pupils in Finland constantly have a large number of absences from school. According to Pirjo Koivula, Education Counsellor and the Agency’s National Co-ordinator for Finland, non-attendance has negative consequences for both the individual learner and for wider society. It has been linked to mental health problems and school drop-out, which can both lead to difficulties finding employment and other financial and health problems later in life. The reasons for absenteeism are wide-ranging and include illness, problems at home and social problems at school, such as bullying. The COVID‑19 pandemic has also contributed to absenteeism in Finland: a study by the University of Helsinki and Tampere University in May 2020 found that 8% of teachers had been unable to make any contact with some of their learners during the school closures.

Study material and magazines for universities outside Finland

Universities outside Finland can apply for financial support from the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) to acquire Finnish study material and subscribe to magazines to support their teaching of Finnish language and culture.

Coronavirus epidemic delays language tests: from now on, you can only reschedule your registration once

The coronavirus situation has complicated the organisation of National Certificate of Language Proficiency (YKI) tests. The YKI system is doing its best to ensure that a maximum number of candidates in need of the YKI certificate can sit the test as soon as possible. This certificate may be needed when applying for Finnish citizenship, a study place or a job, for example. In addition to YKI tests, language proficiency in Finnish and Swedish can be demonstrated in the Civil service language proficiency certificate system.

Recognition of professional qualifications gained within the EU/EEA

If you hold professional qualifications from another EU/EEA member state or Switzerland, and you are an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen, you can apply for recognition of professional qualifications. Learn more here!

Advisory statements on vocational qualifications completed abroad

If you have completed a vocational qualification abroad, you can apply for an advisory statement from the Finnish National Agency for Education. On this page we tell you how you can do this.

Recognition of professional qualifications within the EU/EEA

A decision on recognition of professional qualification is needed if practicing the profession requires a certain training or work experience. Those professions are called regulated professions.
Showing 61-70/424