When submitting your application, enclose copies of the following documents:
- Degree/qualification certificate
- Document specifying the content of studies (e.g. transcript)
- Proof of nationality (e.g. an extract from the Population Information System in Finland or copy of the ID page of your passport)
- Document verifying name change (if applicable)
If you are an EU/EEA national and you apply for recognition of professional qualifications obtained in an EU/EEA member state, enclose also:
- A certificate issued as evidence of professional qualifications, if such a document is issued in the country where you have obtained your professional qualifications (e.g. document on teacher registration)
- If applicable, certificates of professional experience (work certificates) and certificates of life-long learning.
Provide a translation of each document into Finnish, Swedish or English if the original document is in a language other than English, Estonian, French, Dutch, German, Spanish or one of the Nordic languages.
The translator must be an authorised translator in Finland or an official translator in the source country, working in the language pair in question. Translations done by the body that has issued the original document are also accepted. Register of authorised translators: www.oph.fi/info/kaantajat
Official copies and original documents
Official copies of documents are not to be enclosed with the application - the Finnish National Agency for Education will request these separately, if necessary.