EDUFI HigherEd Webinar: Possibilities of virtual internationalization in higher education - teachers’ and students’ perspectives
Welcome to hear examples and insights of what virtual internationalization is and can be on Thursday 3.12.2020, 10-12.30!
The aim of the webinar is to give perspectives to virtual internationalization and its possibilities within higher education. In the webinar, representatives of two Finnish higher education institutions share their insights on how they have organized international online courses with their partner institutions. In this webinar, you will have a possibility to hear two case examples by experts, who have a long and broad experience of building international online courses within higher education. In addition, teachers and students share their experiences of taking part in international online courses.
The webinar is aimed for teachers, education developers and staff responsible for internationalization and mobility in higher education institutions.
10.00 Welcome and introducing the theme
Sofia Lähdeniemi, EDUFI
10.10 Social Presence and Educational Technologies in an Online Distance Course “Global Education Development” in Finnish Higher Education
- The course idea and story behind it, Elina Lehtomäki, professor of global education, University of Oulu
- The course design & teacher’s experience, Sharanya Menon, teacher, University of Oulu
- Social presence in online education, Irène Charbonneau, postgraduate student, Stockholm University
- Experiences of Finnish and international students
11.00 A global and digital classroom since 2007 – perspectives from past & present and visions for the future
- Dr. Kim Zilliacus, Swedish School of Social Science, University of Helsinki
- Christian Lindblom, e-learning specialist, University of Helsinki
- Perspective of a partner institution, tbc.
11.40 Panel discussion; Possibilities and new dimensions of virtual collaboration to
international education cooperation and to increasing international expertise
12.10 Q & A and final remarks
12.30 Webinar ends