EDUFI traineeships abroad are meant for students in higher education and recently graduated higher education students. You need to meet the general application criteria to apply for an EDUFI traineeship:
- You are a Finnish citizen or permanently reside in Finland. Your main reason of residence in Finland cannot be studying or another temporary reason.
- You are a full-time degree student in a higher education institution in Finland or abroad.
- If you are newly qualified, your placement should start within one year of your qualification date.
- You can only be selected for an EDUFI trainee placement once. If you have previously received a traineeship grant from CIMO, or since 2017 from EDUFI, your application cannot be considered. Traineeships at teaching units of Finnish language and culture are an exception: you can get another grant if you have had a grant from CIMO or EDUFI once before.
- An EDUFI grant cannot be paid at the same time as an Erasmus grant for the same trainee placement.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
Exceptions to the general application criteria
Exceptions to the general application criteria can apply to all or individual placement offers of an employer.
Exceptions that apply to all placement offers of an employer are listed on the employer page. For example, those applying for a placement in Finnish diplomatic missions abroad must be Finnish citizens.
Exceptions that only apply to an individual placement offer are mentioned with the relevant placement description. For example, development cooperation organisations may include placements that are not available to new graduates.
Pre-selection at EDUFI
We pre-select a short list of applicants who
- meet the general application criteria
- meet the criteria of the employer, and
- have the most suitable education and training, work experience, language skills and other qualities for the placement in question.
Employers make the final selection of trainees.