You are welcome to have a discussion with us in our social media channels. You can ask us questions and give us feedback. We encourage people to have a constructive discussion about issues related to our administrative branch. We follow the discussion on weekdays and answer the questions, if possible.
Please note that our social media channels are not official service channels. In official matters, you can contact the Registry of the Finnish National Agency for Education kirjaamo [at] oph.fi. You can also contact our service addresses.
The same rules largely apply to behaving in the social media as do to normal, friendly conversation. Remember to respect the other discussion participants and consider what you share and write.
We ask all discussion participants to remember the rules for good online behaviour:
• Use appropriate language – do not offend anyone. Do not badmouth or call other people names or swear. Racist messages or messages that offend or threat a person, community or religion are definitely prohibited, as are messages that encourage people to commit a crime and messages that are otherwise unlawful.
• Be respectful to others when you disagree. If you criticise, do it constructively and justify it with facts.
• Do not share your own or other people’s personal data or photos of other people without permission.
• Be critical about sources: do not spread unfounded rumours.
• Do not share inappropriate or unauthorised material.
• Do not market or sell products or services on our social media channels.
• If you notice you have made a mistake, apologise and correct your mistake openly.
If necessary, we moderate the discussions and remove inappropriate or unlawful comments. We can block users who repeatedly share comments that are inappropriate or offend other people. We will not inform the person who wrote the message that we have removed the message or blocked them.
Remember to comply with the terms and conditions for use of the social media service you are using:
Links to websites of third parties
If our social media posts contain links to websites or information sources of third parties, please note that we do not take responsibility for their content.