Information on the continuous improvement of quality is shared and peer learning is made possible. Meetings of the National Quality Network for VET are organised twice a year.
The EQAVET NRP project is a project funded by the European Commission for the period 2021–2023. The project develops practices for the implementation of quality assurance in VET in line with the EQAVET Framework. EDUFI is responsible for the project and the project is implemented in cooperation with education providers and the NRPs of other countries.
The aim of the EQAVET NRP project (2021–2023) is to
- Support the use of the model of continuous improvement based on the EQAVET Framework
- Support the implementation of the national quality strategy for VET
- Promote peer review as a quality assurance tool
- Increase transparency, cooperation and trust between the EU Member States in issues related to quality assurance.
The EQAVET NRP project (2021–2023) contains Quality network for VET, Quality assurance of qualification requirements, International peer review and Audits of the qualification requirements development process.
Quality assurance of qualification requirements
EDUFI’s criteria and indicators for the quality assurance of qualification requirements are developed together with the key stakeholders and piloted. The process covers the implementation, use and monitoring of the qualification requirements.
International peer review
In cooperation with the NRPs of Finland, Croatia and Slovenia and the Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education (EKKA).
- Promoting the use of international peer review as a quality management tool for education providers by providing information on and experiences of international peer reviews. One educational institution from each cooperating country organises a peer review and representatives from the educational institutions of each country will participate in it and act as evaluators. Experiences, lessons learnt and knowledge of peer reviews as a method are shared by organising a PLA webinar on the topic.
- A concept will be designed for education providers for finding international peer review partners in Europe (the implementation is not included in this project). This development need emerged from the results of the previous EQAVET NRP project.
Audits of the qualification requirements development process
The Finnish National Agency for Education organise a peer review event on quality assurance in the development of the qualification requirement process in cooperation with NRPs. Expert colleagues from the field of education and training from other European countries are invited to act as evaluators who will provide feedback on the strengths and enhancement areas in quality assurance. Finland will participate in the review of two other countries.