Erasmus+ programme period 2014–2020
- In Finland, funding was awarded to 150,000 participants for completing periods abroad.
- The budget of Erasmus+ at the European level was EUR 15 billion.
- The Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), the National Agency for Erasmus+ in Finland, allocated Erasmus+ project funding to the amount of EUR 240 million. This funding has been used to develop education, training and activities in the field of youth in wide international cooperation.
- Finnish organisations have coordinated more than 1,000 strategic partnerships enabling international cooperation within the programme and have also been involved in a large number of projects coordinated by others.
- In addition, Finnish organisations have received Erasmus+ funding from application rounds organised by the European Commission directly and have used it to participate in a number of other project activities within Erasmus+.
Erasmus+ programme period 2021-2027
- The current Erasmus+ programme runs from 2021 to 2027.
- The budget of Erasmus+ at the European level is EUR 26 billion. This means that the budget for the 7-year programme period will be almost double the amount of the previous one.
- In Finland, EDUFI supports internationalisation and the development of education, training and youth activities through the Erasmus+ programme to the amount of about EUR 50 million every year. The funding distributed annually increases towards the end of the programme period.